You are here
Escuela de Artes y Oficios (EAO)
The School of Arts and Crafts is a National Historical Monument since 1986. Its construction began in 1885 with a cost of 344,000 Chilean pesos in that moment. This figure meant 10% of the government’s education budget at that time.
In 1902, the government donated lands which were part of the Quinta Normal, to the School of Arts and Crafts. Today, the University’s Stadium and the north campus are located there.
It was built between 1925 and 1930 within the School of Arts and Crafts. Although it was just thought as an event hall for 480 people, over time and after subsequent investments, it became one of the places with the best acoustics in Chile.
It was built in the early 80's, with a design inspired by the Mayan pyramids. This building was in the vanguard and it was officially opened in March, 1986.
Matta’s "Living and facing the arrows"
This is the name of the prestigious mural that was donated to the State Technical University in 1971 by Roberto Matta, the national painter.
Universidad de Santiago’s only campus comprises more than 320,000 square meters. It is located in Santiago Poniente’s cultural area and it has an excellent access through public transportation as three subway stations (METRO) are close to the campus.